Local Attractions near Argyll
Glendaruel provides many attractions not least of which is fabulous scenery, varied and interesting wildlife, great walking (we are the home of the Cowal Way – transport to pick-up/drop off points can be arranged) and cycling and, nearby, sailing, golf, quad biking and many other activities.
The Kilmodan carved stones are one mile away in the Clachan of Glendaruel and the iconic church has to be visited.
Swallows, woodpeckers and red squirrels visit the garden while eagles, harriers, buzzards, red deer, otters and seals inhabit the wider area. Gannents and dolphins are increasingly being spotted in the nearby Kyles of Bute.
It is also and ideal base for exploring:
- Loch Fyne and Inveraray (visit Inverary Jail & court room of the 18th century – try out the cells and get a taste of incarceration in the past - view the Castle, enjoy the facilities at the Loch Fyne Hotel Spa and Leisure centre, grab a fabulous ice cream and finish your day with an amazing fish supper!)
- Cowal boasts numerous formal gardens and forest trails, and many activities e.g. golfing, fishing (river and loch), pony trekking, quad biking, boat trips, are in easy reach. A sailing school is based in Tighnabruich.
- Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park including the Sealife Centre/boat trips – try the Inverbeg Hotel fish suppers – apparently they are out of this world or climb Ben Lomond.
- The Isle of Bute with Mount Stuart Castle and gardens (utilising the shortest ferry crossing in the UK!) or explore some of Bute’s beautiful beaches
- Even as far away as some of the southerly western isles (fairly long day trips) or Oban where you can sample the delights of various restaurants, hire a boat, or go on a boat trip to see the local sea life and birds or the island of Kerrera, visit Ganavan Sands, McCaig’s folly and many other interesting places – You could even arrange for a day out for the kids with Stramash – the well known and excellent adventure centre based in Oban.
- Glencoe is also near enough for a visit. Experience the brooding hills of this Glen which transport you back to darker times past.....and a bloody history....
- Or if you want to know about anything else – just ask!
Relax & Unwind with B9 Hypnotherapy
Relaxation & assistance with all manner of problems available at the main house. Appointments can be made before or during your break
Enhance your holiday!
Ardachearnbeg is also home to the Scottish School of Hypnotherapy Ltd. www.learn-hypnosis.co.uk
Other therapies are available locally, appointments for which can be arranged by us. These include Indian Head Massage, Aromatherapy, Reiki, Reflexology, Cranial Sacral Therapy and Chiropody.
Availability & booking
Book Now Online
View our gallery for photos of our cottages and surroundings.
Read the latest news and events from Ardachearnbeg Cottages.